Tuk Tuk's, Amazing Temples, MBK A Shoppers Heaven, Thai Spa's, Strong Cocktails, Khao San Rd.. Welcome to Bangkok

Okay so I have still yet to post all about my training at Emirates and most of the events/nights out/ and meals that I have had so far in Dubai.

But seeing as I have started flying now, I really couldn't resist writing about my first operational layover, in Bangkok, Thailand. (My supy flight on the A380 was to London Heathrow, originally supposed to be France however it got changed and on the B777 was a Dehli turnaround).

Back to the important stuff.. BANGKOK.

The flight to Bangkok was about 6 hours something I think, it was a full flight if I remember correctly (I apologise if my memory is a little hazy, all the flights seem to blur into one!) It was a night flight and so we departed Dubai at 3.05 am which meant I had to check into the e-gate at 1.05am. Due to the time of the duty I was on a rest day the day before and had tried to sleep throughout the day setting my alarm for about 11.15pm to get up and get showered and ready... but of course I was too excited to sleep. To be fair it didn't help that my body clock was already messed up from staying up all night through till 8am after Halloween oops!

When we arrived in Bangkok it was 12:22pm local time and the crew and myself were all pretty tired, we checked into our rooms at the Holiday Inn on Silom Road and went straight to bed. At one point I was in two minds as to whether I should just man up and go straight out and explore. But it seemed the right thing to do to try and get a couple of hours kip before heading out.

In the end myself and two other girls both from the UK decided to meet in the lobby for 6pm, we then went to the hotel buffet where I just had a water as I didn't feel much like eating (for once!).

We had decided to take a Tuk Tuk (which btw is the best mode of transport like ever!) to Sky Bar, which is at Lebua Hotel. I had seen a picture of the bar on Instagram and the picture alone was enough to make me want to go.

Amazing eh?!




See.. Mini disco ball, absolute rave!





The Tuk Tuk ride was awesome, I named ours the party Tuk Tuk, cos it had a mini disco ball in it and the lights were flashing like a disco, our driver was crazy too- it was such a laugh!

When we got to Sky Bar the view was absolutely breathtaking, it had such a chilled atmosphere with a touch of glamour and the added excitement that the Hangover Part 2 was filmed there.

Just a quick tuk tuk selfie before Sky Bar

My cocktail 'Hangovertini'

My new Tuk Tuk driver frieeeennnndd

Emily's cute polaroid pic at Sky Bar

The view from Sirocco (the restaurant next to Sky Bar)

Such a ridiculous view of Bangkok


More Sky Bar shots

Another tuk tuk pic

So chilled at the top

Inside Sky Bar

Our drinks


I decided to order a 'Hangovertini' which is the cocktail that was specifically designed for the Hangover film cast during the filming. It was delicious, and thank goodness it was for the price I paid! But the view by itself made it so worth it, the cocktail was just a special added extra!

 
Known as 'The Dome' at Lebua, there is 'Sirocco' a fine dining restaurant, which is right next to Sky Bar, we wandered over and got some amazing snaps from there too!
 
 
Taken from the website as this picture is much clearer- Sirroco


 
'The Dome' at Lebua, where Skybar and Sirocco are!
 

 
Sirocco, next to Sky Bar at the Dome, Lebua.

 
My 'hangovertini' was bloooody brilliant.
 
 
 
So after Sky Bar we decided we wanted to go to Khao San Road as it would be rude not to, after all it is famous for those backpacking/traveller types for 'finding themselves' so I was told. I can't really say I found myself there, I felt at home there- why would I not when they were selling 'really strong cocktail'. We walked up and back down the road, giggling at some of the things we saw, older Thai women coming up to us plonking funny hats on our heads trying to sell them, which to their delight I bought my mum one (no regrets). Trying to sell us wristbands with words such as 'I love big jizz' on them, and many more hilarious things. I don't think there were any moments that we didn't get offered the chance to see 'really good ping pong show', or handed a card to see a sex show.
 
 
The road was bustling with people from all over and I even spotted some Brits- best way to describe them typical 'lads' wearing their string vests looking like idiots and absolutely smashed going wild over the fact they could drink a bucket full of the cheapest cocktails you could wish for. Nonetheless can't say I wasn't excited over my Mai-Thai bucket that Elizabeth and I shared, can't even remember how much we paid but it was dirt cheap- I think we even haggled the price down a bit!
 
 
We had our drinks in this bar ^^ note the fact it says 'Golf Bar Cocktails Very Strong, We Do Not Check ID Card & Restaurant', that cracked me up.
 
 
After this and just generally soaking up the party atmosphere in Khao San Rd we unfortunately had to make our way back to the hotel, via Tuk Tuk of course, ready for our flight to Hong Kong the next day.
 
As Hong Kong wasn't a stopover flight I have nothing to write about as we only stayed in the crew lounge at the airport for four hours before getting back on the plan to fly back to Bangkok for another 24 hours there.
 
For my last day in Bangkok myself and Emily had breakfast at the hotel buffet which was lovely, feeling very stuffed and absolutely shattered we just about dragged ourselves to the mall, known as 'MBK'. Oh my goodness it was something else, you could haggle down the price for pretty much anything, floors and floors of little stalls, to shops that were selling the most real looking Mulberry, Prada, Michael Kors etc- you name it, fakes. There were handbags, purses, watches, just everything imaginable. I personally found myself absolutely amazed by the technology floor, and ended up spending most of my money in there. I bought two selfie sticks, cos obvs one isn't enough, but giving the pink one to my sister in law. I succumbed to pressure and bough my mum a pink beats pill, okay its a fake but for 14 quid I won't mind too much if it only lasts a couple of months, the sound quality sounds awesome and it looks so cute.
 
I bought a trillion other things too, little souvenirs for gifts, a pashmina to use as a throw on my bed, thai looking table runners for my parents house, one for my dressing table in my bedroom and other little decorations for my family.
 
All in all MBK was literally like my heaven.
 
After quite a long day we were going to see if we had enough time for a famous thai massage which everyone raves about, and most of the crew had gone for. However we just wouldn't have had enough time, so instead we got our nails done at a spa by our hotel called Burberri (I think). I got cellac on my own nails and had a French manicure, it came to about 13 or 14 pounds in total, which is very good and they look great! 
 
Next time I am in Bangkok I want to go to Patpong, Soi 11, go to the floating market, see the Grand Palace and Big Bhudda and do more sightseeing and maybe less shopping!
 
All in all I had a great time in Bangkok and cannot wait for my return!
 
The only thing I didn't like was I felt the streets were a little dirty and after seeing a few rats that kind of put me off, but I guess that's what is so different about Bangkok, it really is just so different to Dubai and England.
 
 
Cutest little kid pulling some moves on Khao San Rd

 
Beautiful temple we walked past on Silom Road

 
Such gorgeous colours

 
Next time I want to see more of this..

Wires galore, in Bangkok.
 
 
XoX
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive