Dubai Antics

So thought I would just make a generic post about some of the things I have been up to during my time so far in Dubai.

Cirque Le Soir, Dubai. 

My first night out, pretty crazy nightclub, with a circus theme, put it this way when I saw the midgets dancing on podiums when I entered I knew it would be different. They have a Cirque in London too. It isn't cheap but my friends flatmate got us in VIP so we didn't pay for a drink all night (my kinda night).








Madinat, Jumieriah.

Visited here twice now and both times I went to 'Tortuga' a Mexican resturant with moderate prices and an amazing range of cocktails, the food is so good too. The Madinat itself is set across its own private beach, The resort is supposed to be an authentic recreation of ancient Arabia, capturing the natural beauty of the region. It has two amazing boutique hotels, and has lots of restaurants to choose from. There is the Madinat Soukh there as well, and lots of little cafes in the resort. It overlooks the Burj Al Arab and is close to Wild Wadi Waterpark. 


Myself and my Greek friend Dimitra at Tortuga


The first time I went we had chicken quesadillas to start they were amazing.


You can go on the old fashioned abras for 75 dirhams.








Sandance Festival 2014

Sandance Festival in Atlantis, The Palm was awesome. With Clean Bandit, Rudimental and Empire of the Sun all performing. Amazing setting on the beach and the atmosphere was unreal, from what I can remember!


Jess and I pre vodka


The calm before the storm..



Face paint!


Before it filled up


Getting ready for Sandance myself and Kate


It didn't look like this in the evening..


Al Hallab, Restaurant & Sweets, Dubai Mall

This night was truly spectacular, my batchmates and I went for a meal to celebrate finishing Aviation college and getting our 'wings' to finally fly. My Lebanese friend Azza booked the table for us and we were all seated outside with the most amazing view of the Burj Khalifa and the fountain show. The food was typically Lebanese with lots of meats, breads, dips, salads etc. It was great because it was a set menu so there was no fuss in choosing what we wanted, plates and plates full of different types of dishes just kept getting brought out to us.  AMAZING. 


Hannah, Azza and I


Amazing views!


All the batch together!


Amazing food and company!


Basha and I in Dubai Mall after the meal


We had such a good view of the fountain show



So many different dishes


Dimitra, Azza and I


Lebanese food is so tasty!


Desert Safari

So when you think of a safari you immediately think of being drove around in a safari truck whilst seeking out animals.. (well I do anyway). But this safari was far from that, nonetheless it was so much fun and something different to do if you're visiting Dubai (I highly recommend doing it). You basically take a seat in a Jeep and hold on for dear life while the drivers speed up and down the sand dunes in the desert, it's quite exhilarating and such a laugh- I was hungover this day but despite that I was okay and this has got to be up there with one of my favorite days so far. Myself and all my batch-mates went for the day and got back late at night after the evenings entertainment in the camp there, it was such an amazing day I loved it!





Somebody had the hump...


Awesome night at the safari, with traditional Arabic entertainment and food





Cavalli

So Cavalli nightclub is basically an absolutely ridiculous night out. The nightclub was inspired by and launched by the designer Robert Cavalli. My friend Hannah and I ended up in Cavalli after I had friends round to my apartment to celebrate my friends birthday. Cavalli is pretty glamorous and not your average night out, it's very glitzy and extravagant. The music was decent and I had a good night, the only thing is drinks are very expensive but luckily enough we had a few people buy us drinks- standard. 


Batchmates




Myself and my fave Greek Dimitra ...the Birthday girl




Inside Cavalli with Hannah my Aussie girl




Shangri-La Hotel- Ikandy Ultra Lounge

So this place we get discount at with our Facecard (flight attendant discount card). When we originally went for the first time we didn't have our facecards but we still had a good time. We had a few drinks and chilled it was a decent evening. Nice atmosphere with a resident DJ and at the top of the Shangri-La, big comfy seats, shisha, cocktails and a pool. 









Obviously making friends in the ladies



Movida

I'd be lying if I could say I remember this night clearly, in fact it followed after a few drinks at Ikandy, I was prettty drunk so its a bit blurry. From what I can remember of Movida it was a very narrow room and I was pretty much getting fed drinks from every angle, the people I was with knew the owner so that helped on the free drinks front. I went to Zinc beforehand which is where crew tend to go on a Monday, but we left as it was a Thursday and not very good. 


Think this it he only photo I got in Movida..
Amika

Amika is a bit of an odd place if I'm honest. I had a good time because everyone from Aviation college was out as it was the day we finished training so we all went pretty hard. Not a huge place from what I can remember.. pretty sure it was all just on one floor, there was a stage .. a bar.. pretty standard. Not sure if I like the layout or the music, probably need another night there! Out of all the places I've been to though I wouldn't say it has been one of my favourites. 


Myself and other crew 

The Irish Village

What can I say.. I bloody love this place. I don't care about the fact I am in Dubai and yet I go to a place called the Irish Village, it's awesome. Great pubs/outside dining/bars, good place to catch up with friends over a few drinks, good atmosphere and it's really close to Al Nahda where I live which is great cos everywhere else is a mission to get to. Then there is the Century Village next to it which has lots of different places to eat and drink. Been to the Irish Village a few times now, one of my favorite nights was Halloween, spent it here with a few of the girls and myself and my Danish friend Ditte had a great night. 


Tamara, Dimitra and I with a bunch of not so scary boys ...


Tamara as a red Indian and myself as I don't know what I was... drunk?


Ditte and I ..6 am in the morning and we had demolished 2 Sports Bar meals.. oops!

Beach Times


Mamzar Beach.. the beach 10 minutes from me




Nasimi Beach





Pool days


My Czech friend and batchmate Hana.

I've been to Jumeirah beach as well which is a nice one and I'm still yet to go and explore other beaches. I get free entry to Meydan beach club with my facecard and I am planning on going there this weekend coming. 


The Farm, Al Barari- restaurant 

Classed as a 'fine-dining' restaurant and oh my goodness it is exactly that. The food was amazing here and the setting was so idyllic. Surrounded by what was like a big pond and lots of pretty flowers I would recommend this place to anyone. I had the bruschetta to start and then a roast chicken dish for my main, it was so so good and especially on a hangover!





Jordan's eggplant starter


My main dish!



Okay so this post seems like it is taking forever so will just post the rest in pictures and when I have more time I will write more about my experience so far in Dubai. I need to sleep now as I am flying to London again tomorrow.


Basha and I in the jeep during the safari- duning




My hun Ditte



CHEESECAKE FACTORY- Mall of Emirates- Red velvet hmmm


Aquarium in Dubai Mall




My rooftop pool


Amazing that this is inside the mall!


Sahara Mall- the mall opposite me!


Spice soukh, the day it was a million degrees!


Day off at the beach


Kate's oreo cheesecake!



Bashaaa


Madinat


Wine time in la casa de Rosie


Drunk at the front of Sandance, Clean Bandit!


Macarrons with Kate at 'Paul' amazing cafe/bakery in Dubai





Galpallll Hannah xx


Pretttttty drunk after a friends party


Hana and Martina my batchamates!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive