Gym/Fitness Motivation

Summer has arrived, and I am sure most of you will have booked a holiday, with the days counting down you want to get your 'bikini bod' ready.. am I right?!

As someone who is a self-obsessed gym fanatic then I thought a blog post about what motivates me to get to the gym to begin with and to work hard when I'm there, would be helpful.

So first things first, some weeks I may not make it to the gym for the 3 days a week minimum that I aim for, on the odd occasion (very rare) I don't make it at all. When this happens I always feel like it's a massive effort to get back into my routine and when feeling this way you can often think 'what's the point?'. It's at this point that I have to remind myself even if it is slow progress, it's still progress and doing something is better than doing nothing at all!

Another reason to get to the gym- check out the eye candy! Ladies do not deny it, that when you go to the gym and you're on the treadmill or cross trainer you're not secretly looking in the mirror and watching the guys behind you on the weight machines. Most people do it, and for some it's a good enough reason to go to the gym. Who know's if you're lucky enough you could meet the right person there too?!

I always get really excited about going to the gym when I have added new songs to my ipod, my running playlist helps me get through my monotonous 10 k runs on the treadmill and keep me motivated. TIP: try and keep the song that you listen to at the gym upbeat. You can often download workout playlists off Spotify etc.

If I feel tired and lethargic, it's often at these times that I get myself to the gym or go on a run, after I feel so much more energetic, refreshed and alive!

Buying new gym stash is always a good way to motivate you. Had your eye on a new pair of trainers, a new running top or trousers? Whenever I buy something new for the gym, even if it is something small like a pink gym towel, I can't wait to get to the gym and use it! I'm not saying you have to buy new things to make you go to the gym, but it's like buying a new pair of heels, you can't wait to go out and wear them. Something small even like a water bottle is good enough for me.

Physical benefits, the whole point of going to the gym for me in the first place is to keep fit. Nobody likes being out of shape and If I didn't go the gym then I couldn't eat some of the things I do. I like to think I am not a fussy eater, don't get me wrong I eat healthy home-made food, but I am not the type of girl who turns down a slice of cake (or two). 

Going to the gym really is such a stress reliever, when I'm running it gives me time to think and clear my head of some of my worries. There's nothing better than shoving my head phones on and just running and running. Afterwards I always feel so great and it puts me in such a good mood.


My gym stash is lovely and pink, the next purchase for me will be some new running trainers as my Addidas' are starting to wear just a little thin on the bottom. Of course whatever I get they definitely need to have some pink on them!

If anyone has any gym tips/motivational advice etc. then please post them below! Keep an eye out for a blog post where I will be including some of my favourite motivational running/gym songs!

XOX




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive