Door Clicking. When in Moscow.

It has been wayyyy to long since I last posted. In fact I have visited so many different destinations since I started writing about my time as cabin crew.

I have been awful at blogging since i've started flying, which is ironic as I finally have so much to write about! I am finally going to make sure I keep this up to date. Posting about my trips, and life in general as crew.

Right Now I am lying in in bed in my hotel room, a tummy full of buffet breakfast- which I somehow managed to get in the executive lounge as the staff made a mistake (I wondered why people were drinking champers, dammit)

I am ashamed to admit that I will not be venturing out at all on this layover in Moscow, Russia. One thing as cabin crew that I hate is when people get to the hotel, run straight to their room only to shut the door and not come out until the end of the layover, only to hibernate the whole time.

The only time I make an exception for these people is when they may have visited the destination on many occasions, if you're ill then of course you need to rest, or when you simply hate the destination you have travelled to.

So yup, right now my excuse is.. I have hardly any money- after being off work for two and half months with a hairline crack in my hip (not fun), its bloody freezing in Moscow, and lastly I have been before. So I am using this trip as time to recuperate and recover from an extremely busy month of flying.

The rest of my day will consist of staying as cosy and warm as possible inside, heading to the gym for a couple of hours and going straight back to my room for a power nap before my night flight back home to Dubai.




 My Moscow Experience

      Red Square- (Krsnaya ploschchad) 





Such a breathtaking space, full of amazing buildings. beautiful architecture, people from all walks of life and filled with history.
In the square you will find St Basil's Cathedral, the state historical museum, the GUM shopping center, the Kremlin Wall and the Lenin Tomb.









When I first saw St Basil's I was stunned, it looks a little like something from Disney, it reminded me of a fairytale palace. I visited it the cathedral at night time and although I was freezing myself to death it was so worth it. The photos really don't do it justice. I haven't seen it during the day but I get the feeling that if you go when it's darker it's better as the lights make the colours pop out, its so vibrant and beautiful. I din't go inside, although I know you can pay to do that. However its still amazing to just see it from the outside. This for me was the highlight of my trip.






Of course every layover includes trying out the local cuisine. So I decided to go for some 'borsch'. originally a Ukranian soup traditonally made with primarily beetroot and a common dish in Russia.



ANNNND no layover is complete without a 'crewfie' 


Moscow was an experience, I kind of felt like I was in a time warp and I could still very much feel the fact it was a communist country. I'm glad I went out on my first layover however for now I am quite happy just chilling for once and doing absolutely zero.

Lotsa Love,

Rosie

X




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive